Today, we’ll be speaking with Carrie Rosen, owner of Hot House Market in Lafayette, Indiana. Carrie’s original career goal was to find a family-friendly business that would allow her to spend more time with her husband & children. When that didn’t go as planned she quit her job and decided to work for herself.
Carrie has always loved vintage furniture and home decor so she started selling it on Ebay. In 2012, Carrie and her husband opened up a brick and mortar store with the goal of expanding their customer-base. They are now in the process of getting their mobile boutique up and running.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- How selling vintage furniture & home decor on Ebay led to Carrie opening up a brick & mortar store.
[bctt tweet=”“…a couple of weeks after quitting my job I thought, I am going to start selling things…””]
- How long it took for Carrie and her husband to open up a vintage store in their local shopping mall.
- What decisions led to expanding into a fashion truck / mobile boutique.
[bctt tweet=”“We have a LOT of customers in New York, we have a LOT of customers in Chicago, so lets just go to where they are””]
- Which one of Carrie’s fashion truck owner friends helped her find a truck of her own.
- How offering customers FREE home delivery boosted their sales.
- The purchase price / investment that went into their new truck.
- How long it took the business to become profitable.
[bctt tweet=”“Every dollar we made, we just kept reinvesting it into the business” @HotHouseMarket” via=”no”]
- How Carrie doesn’t regret any mistakes made during the journey to starting her business.
- How the business name “Hot House Market” came about.
- How Google & YouTube helped Carrie fix up her and maintain her truck.
- What tactics Carrie used to grow her Facebook page to well over 8,000 fans.
- What Hot House Market’s best selling products are.
[bctt tweet=”“Not everyone is going to be looking for a sofa, but girls are always looking for clothes” @HotHouseMarket” via=”no”]
- Why Carrie has chosen not to inventory her products.
Since our interview, Carrie has opened up shop and did a fantastic job putting it all together.
WHERE TO FIND CARRIE
FB: Hot House Market
ENJOY MORE EPISODES