Kim Oliva is the owner of Bohemian Kitten Vintage in Los Angeles, CA. She operates her mobile biz out of a 51 yr old vintage camper. Kim also has a background in film production and in her spare time she works as a wardrobe stylist. She sells both vintage and Contemporary clothing, but in efforts to stay unique, most items are one-of-a-kind.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- One of her hobbies is thrifting, so she started out with on online vintage store and built it up to transition over to the mobile boutique.
- When she is not on the road in the boutique, she is on the film / production set.
- Considering that the film industry and the sales with mobile boutique are both unpredictable, Kim has to budget her money very carefully.
- When at events, she sets all of her products outside and uses the inside of the camper as a dressing room.
- She chooses not to go out on the road much because the camper is so old…and she doesn’t want to risk it.
- A few years ago, she had to drive from LA to Utah in order to purchase her camper.
- She’s had an online store for over 6 years.
- She does not buy wholesale merchandise. She prefers to be unique and never stocks anything that can be purchased at the mall.
- She utilizes Instagram for free publicity to promote/advertise where her mobile boutique will be.
- Her strategy is to work at events that have people that are popular on Instagram b/c that leads to the other businesses potentially promoting her too.
- She took a webinar course on how to build your brand on Instagram.
- She prefers to only do music festivals instead of private parties.
- She doesn’t put much effort into the online shop as much anymore. She makes more money from the camper.
- Kim’s advice for those just starting out is to make sure to have an online store in addition to the truck in order to get that supplemental income.
Girl Boss (book)
Tin Can Tourist (Facebook Group)
Vintage Camper Trailers (Facebook Page)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND BOHEMIAN VINTAGE KITTEN:
Facebook: Bohemian Vintage Kitten
ENJOY MORE EPISODES