In this episode, we’re chatting with Lyn Boone, owner of the Urban Pearl Mobile Boutique. Lyn operates her business in Baltimore County and Harford County.
Lyn started Urban Pearl 2 years ago and all of her customers love the clothing options because they are fun, funky and eclectic. Her style is Classic + a little bit of Boho and she caters to females from age 16 all the way up to 70yrs old.
Even though Lyn loves what she does, she admits that there are hard times too. She feels that anyone who is considering starting their own mobile boutique should know the good, the bad and the ugly so that they go into the business with their eyes wide open!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Lyn paid $7500 for her box truck, but her overall investment was over $40k.
- Lyn recommends having a generator + heating + air conditioning installed during the actual renovation / build-out of the fashion truck…and NOT after.
- Lyn always tells people to know their own style and to buy what they like.
[bctt tweet=”Be true to yourself…If you are passionate about your clothing choices, people will see that. —@ShopUrbanPearl”]
- She recommends that while on the truck, mobile boutique owners should actually wear the clothing they sell so customers can better envision the product.
- Lyn proclaims that running a mobile retail business is the hardest thing that she’s ever had to do.
[bctt tweet=”Even though owning a mobile boutique is hard…2 years later, I still LOVE it. —@ShopUrbanPearl”]
- Lyn recommends going into the mobile retail business with your eyes wide open…knowing that it won’t be easy.
- Know that if your truck isn’t working or if it breaks down, then that means you lose money and are out of business until the truck is fixed.
- Owning a mobile retail business is lonely, so Lyn suggests having a partner…a partner that can drive the truck!
- Hiring an employee for the truck was a huge help for Lyn.
- Lyn uses NCR Silver as a POS system, which costs her around $3500.
- Lyn hopes to open a brick & mortar store in the next year.
STOUTgear (promotional materials – CONTACT: Valerie Garcia)
MAGIC Fashion Tradeshow
NCR Silver (POS system)
VEND (POS system)
FIND URBAN PEARL MOBILE BOUTIQUE
Facebook: Urban Pearl – A Mobile Boutique
ENJOY MORE EPISODES