Pam Allen is the owner of Wear To Go Mobile boutique located in Piscataway, New Jersey. She sells vintage and high-end designer women’s fashion apparel. She runs the mobile boutique full-time and also provides personal styling, closet organizing and other services.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- She started modeling when she was 16 years old.
- Modeling is how she fell in love with fashion.
- She has an Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising / Retail Management.
- For her mobile boutique, she decided to get an RV instead of a box truck.
- The price paid for the RV was $11,000 before taxes.
- She used 99Designs to have her logo designed.
- Even though the RV is very large, she got the entire truck wrapped for around $4,000.
- She purchased the RV from Camping World in Lakewood, NJ.
- For the interior build-out, she went through 3 contractors before she realized that none of them knew what they were doing. Her husband ended up finishing the remainder of the work.
- Her grand opening was April 25th, 2016.
- She put on a Fashion Show for the grand opening and sold 109 tickets to the show at $40/each.
- After the show, she let people come outside and shop inside of the mobile boutique.
- She made $1300 off of the grand opening.
- She also provides personal styling, closet organizing and other services.
- Most of the items in the boutique are one-of-a-kind and/or specialty pieces.
- She also carries Plus Sizes.
- She carries gowns, business attire, dresses, shoes, accessories etc.
- There is a separate dressing room in the RV.
- Since she has a large vehicle she will most likely have to pay for 2 spaces at events.
- Since the industry is still so new, it was hard for her to obtain Liability insurance for the mobile boutique. She ended up getting insured by Progressive.
- The RV is 22ft long and since it is such a big vehicle, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires you to go to get a license from the DMV. If the weight limit exceeds 10,000 lbs, you are required to obtain this license. And if you get on the highway, you have to go through the weigh stations.
- She uses ShopKeep as her POS system.
ShopKeep (POS system)
Tender (food app)
Astral: IG @astralriles
West Elm “Meet The Maker” Event:
- June 11th @ West Elm, Oakbrook Mall in Oakbrook, IL – Astral (AstralRiles.com)
- June 25th @ West Elm, DC – Nache (CreativerRoute.com)
- June 25th @ West Elm, Old Orchard Mall in Skokie, IL – Astral (AstralRiles.com)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND WEAR TO GO:
Facebook: Wear To Go25
ENJOY MORE EPISODES