Social media is great for connecting with your customers; however, what if your account gets hacked? Or what happens when you have thousands of followers on a platform that begins to decline in popularity?
This is where collecting email addresses comes into play. Email isn’t going anywhere and most people keep their email addresses forever. Email is one of the most reliable ways to connect to your customers.
[bctt tweet=”Email is one of the most reliable ways to connect to your customers.”]
With Facebook there is no guarantee people will see your content and with Twitter and Instagram your post is old new in an hour. With email you know your content will be delivered to your customers, the only thing you need to do is convince them to open it.
Tips for Emails
- Have a unique and catchy subject line.
- Include quality relevant content.
- Include links back to your web site.
Top Email Marketing Programs
- MailChimp // FREE
- Constant Contact
- Benchmark Email
- Mad Mimi // Low cost option
Tips for Collecting Email
- At events have a paper signup or give customers the opportunity to signup via a phone or tablet.
- Include a signup form in multiple places on your website. Consider installing a plugin that will popup a sign up box.
- Include a sign up tab on Facebook.
- Have giveaways that require people to sign up for the email list.
- Make sure you give customers a flyer that encourages them to opt-in online.
- Integrate signing up into your online shopping experience. Ask customers at the end of their shopping experience if they want to opt-in to your email list.
- Let people know via social media that by signing up they will get coupons and other incentives.
Like these tips?