In today’s episode we’ll be speaking with Lauren Wilson & Tracey Beale from Media Star Promotions in Baltimore, Maryland. Media Star Promotions is a strategic marketing company that has been around for over 20 years. Both Lauren and Tracey dabble in several aspects of the business including branding, social media marketing, and event planning. Media Star Promotions is a one-stop shop for new businesses.
Working at Media Star Promotions has put these ladies in the unique situation to also be a part of the creation, as well as, the success of Boulevard of Chic events and Side Dish mobile jewelry boutique.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- What Tracey & Lauren do at Media Star Promotions.
[bctt tweet=”We position businesses and brands to sell more…@mediastarpromo “]
- What “Experiential Marketing” is, along with a list of other services that Media Star provides.
- How helping Media Star’s CEO sell her grandmother’s vintage jewelry led to the launch of Side Dish, Baltimore’s 1st mobile jewelry boutique.
- After experiencing several struggles / issues with where to park the mobile boutique, they decided to start Boulevard of Chic.
- The Boulevard of Chic events include fashion trucks & pop-up shops
- What type of vendor fees are associated with the Boulevard of Chic events + what the fees cover.
[bctt tweet=”We make sure any event that @mediastarpromo is hosting is safe for everybody involved!”]
- What goes into the vendor selections process for Boulevard of Chic events.
- How fortunate they were that they didn’t have to purchase a truck for Side Dish.
- The average price point of the jewelry sold in Side Dish.
- Which local Baltimore designers have jewelry featured in Side Dish
- How part of Lauren’s job is to help people setup their own mobile retail business.
- How Baltimore Magazine selected Side Dish as having the best accessories in Baltimore City.
- How Side Dish is used as a marketing tool for Media Star Promotions.
- The advice that Tracey & Lauren have for other fashion trucks that are interested in starting their own events.
[bctt tweet=”Put in what you want to get out…explore your options…see what you’re getting for your money”]
WHERE TO FIND BOULEVARD OF CHIC
WHERE TO FIND SIDE DISH
FB: Side Dish
ENJOY MORE EPISODES