In this episode we are speaking with Lindsey Trees, owner and operator of The Street Boutique, A Fashion Truck in Denver, Colorado. Lindsey also refers to her truck as “Denver Street Boutique”. She is another newcomer to the fashion truck scene and has only been up and running for about a year.
Lindsey is a self-proclaimed shopaholic and has always wanted to own her own store. As an alternative to a brick and mortar store, she wanted something that would grant her the flexibility she needed to work around her children’s school schedules and also be able to spend time with her family.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How dreading the potential large expense of a brick and mortar store, and daunting retail hours involved, led to Lindsey’s decision to open a mobile boutique instead
- How Lindsey was able to easily find her truck on Craigslist
- How a 1-hour consultation with an established mobile boutique owner helped Lindsey determine which truck she needed to purchase
- How the cost of the wrap ended up being almost more than the purchase price of the truck itself
- How Lindsey chose to hire a professional web designer for her website
[bctt tweet=”I started doing it myself then quickly realized that I wanted it to be more than what I could make it —@DenStreetBoutiq” via=”no”]
- The Street Boutique, A Fashion Truck was the 1st women’s mobile boutique in Denver
- What style of clothing Lindsey carries in the truck
[bctt tweet=”Trendy items straight out of a Style Watch magazine is what you’ll find in my truck —@DenStreetBoutiq” via=”no”]
- Which POS system is used in the truck.
- How being befriended by fellow truck owners in Denver and attending popular community events/festivals helped Lindsey’s mobile boutique to gain exposure
[bctt tweet=”I try to generate buzz in different areas —@DenStreetBoutiq”]
- How Lindsey includes fashion and style consulting as a FREE service for people who shop in her mobile boutique
[bctt tweet=”I encourage people to try on things that aren’t too far out of their comfort zone —@DenStreetBoutiq” via=”no”]
- How Lindsey’s goal is to also integrate an online store with her mobile boutique
- What advice Lindsey has for new small business owners
[bctt tweet=”You have to start with a lot of passion —@DenStreetBoutiq”]
Let’s Talk About Fashion Trucks – Facebook Group
Find The Street Boutique
Facebook: The Street Boutique, A Fashion Truck
ENJOY MORE EPISODES