In this episode, we spoke with Val Geisler, a Client Experience & Systems Strategist. Val helps freelancers, digital entrepreneurs, and creative business owners with organization and streamlining systems to help their businesses work better.
Val will explain in more detail what systems and processes are and how they can benefit your business. She also suggested a few free tools that you can use for setting up these processes.
Val believes that even if you run a business by yourself, there’s going to come a time when you will want to hand the business over to someone else. When this time comes…you will definitely need certain processes and procedures in place.
Val also graciously offered a FREE workbook! Go sign up for it!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Val starting out her professional career with a theater degree. Her career eventually evolved into forming her own business, which focuses on providing an excellent customer and entrepreneur experience .
- She built her business by calling everyone she knew and informing them that she had billable hours available and by doing that she was able to setup a full client docket.
[bctt tweet=”My business has gone pretty far just by me making the ASK! @lovevalgeisler”]
- Val teaches business owners how to project manage their own business OR how to hire the right project manager to run the business how they want it to be run.
- Over the past few years her business has evolved at least 3 times.
[bctt tweet=”I have never met a business that has existed the same way from day 1 as it does now… has to be an evolution. @lovevalgeisler”]
- Systems and processes are simply things that make your business run, either when you’re there and/or when you’re not.
[bctt tweet=”It’s the stuff that makes you a business and not a hobby. @lovevalgeisler”]
- Examples of systems and processes: invoicing tool, an online shop, project management tool, checklists, etc.
- Some people don’t like to do checklists, but a checklist doesn’t mean that you don’t know what you’re doing, it just makes sure that everything that needs to happen in that particular procedure is actually happening.
- Some FREE online cloud tools are Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets.
Delivering Happiness (business book)
Asana (Project Management tool)
Calm (Meditation app)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
Facebook: Val Geisler
ENJOY MORE EPISODES