Courtney McConico is the owner/operator of the Glamour Girl Essentials in Parker, Kansas. Courtney is one of those ambitious women who wants to have it all! In addition to holding a full-time position in higher education, she works in event management, party planning and she even owns a storefront boutique. Even though she lives in a small town, Courtney discusses how she is able to make a profit with her storefront + mobile boutique. With hard work, Courtney’s dream to own a mobile boutique only took 2 months to come to fruition.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- She lives in a small town, but she is still able to make a profit b/c they support her completely.
- She also owns a storefront space.
[bctt tweet=”I’ve been blessed throughout this entire process.” via=”yes”]
- Courtney owns a storefront that is only open on Thursdays & Saturdays, usually by appointment only.
- The store opened 4 years ago in December 2011 and the mobile boutique launched in August 2015.
- She had to figure out creative ways to get people onto her truck.
[bctt tweet=”There’s not that many people here in Kansas, so a lot of them don’t even really know what a mobile boutique is.” via=”no”]
- She decided to open the truck in order to participate in County Fairs and other events.
- When she 1st started the process of looking for the truck, she began to visualize in her head what she wanted it to look like on the inside and started drawing it out.
[bctt tweet=”I figured out the quickest and most affordable way to put the truck idea together.” via=”no”]
- She never really established an initial budget.
[bctt tweet=”In regards to the truck, my thoughts were, whatever I need, that’s what I’m gonna get…BUT I had to get creative.” via=”no”]
- She found some of her interior pieces from the Dollar Store and from rehab warehouses.
- She located a truck in her town and only paid $600.
- She couldn’t afford to get a wrap, so she painted the truck herself using exterior paint & she added vinyl stickers.
- Courtney specializes in women’s apparel (jeans, jewelry, handbags, cowboy boots, Plus size clothing, etc).
- She also offers custom designed t-shirts, which is a service that she provides in her store.
- In order to maintain her customer base, she tries to get new inventory each week.
- Fortunately, her dad is the Chief of Police, so she never has any problems with parking her truck on the city streets.
- Courtney is in the process of implementing a “Glam Box” service into her product offerings.
The shirt Nache is in love with:
ApparelShowroom.com (Wholesale vendor for Plus Size clothing)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND GLAMOUR GIRL ESSENTIALS
Website: Glamour Girl Essentials
Facebook: Glamour Girl Essentials
ENJOY MORE EPISODES