In this episode we chatted with Jessie Goldenberg, owner of The Nomad Truck in Brooklyn.
Jessie started her fashion truck business 2 years ago. With strong branding and great media coverage, the business has grown tremendously along the way.
Jessie plans to extend her journey as a business owner to open up a brick and mortar boutique. As such, she has decided to sell the truck. She has listed the truck for sale for $55k.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Jessie started The Nomad Truck about 2 years ago.
- She worked with a local designer studio to come up with the logo and branding for the business.
- Her 1st experience with the Media was in the Wall Street Journal in May 2013.
- She decided that a Step Van was the best vehicle for her mobile business.
- She originally searched CraigsList for a truck but ended up finding the one at a local dealership.
[bctt tweet=”The truck was out of my price range…but I found a way to make it happen! @TheNomadTruck” via=”no”]
- She test drove several trucks before she found the right one.
[bctt tweet=”The truck is the foundation for your business… @TheNomadTruck”]
- Jessie has decided to sell her truck due to on-going regulatory issues in New York City.
- The Nomad Truck carries women’s jewelry, clothing and accessories. The style is very bohemian & effortlessly chic.
- The truck is currently listed for sale for $55k, but the price is negotiable.
- Jessie currently uses Shopify as her POS system in the truck and it links seamlessly with her online inventory.
- The only thing that she doesn’t like about Shopify is that there is no way to keep track of the cost of goods sold.
- New York City is way too congested to park the truck and collaborate with local businesses, so Jessie had to drive to Hoboken to team up with businesses there.
- The Nomad Truck has over 8k followers on Instagram, which was achieved by word of mouth, by using target specific hashtags, blogger outreach and by commenting and liking other businesses on IG.
- Jessie takes all of her Instagram photos with her iPhone.
- A tip that Jessie has for new business owners is to be confident in yourself.
[bctt tweet=”There will be bumps in the road…stay for the course…remain confident in yourself. @TheNomadTruck” via=”no”]
Mysteryland (Music Festival in New York)
On The Road (book)
VSCO Cam (photo app)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND THE NOMAD TRUCK
Facebook: The Nomad Truck
ENJOY MORE EPISODES