In this episode we’ll be speaking with Teondra Bannerman, owner of Sensual Persuasion mobile boutique in Rose Hill, North Carolina. Teondra is a newcomer to the fashion truck scene. She started her mobile boutique in 2014.
In addition to operating the mobile boutique, Teondra somehow manages to attend school to get her Master’s in Public Health, substitute teach, be a tutor and attend the needs of her son.
Teondra shares her trailer costs and some of the struggles that come with operating it. As a new mobile boutique owner, she shares with us some of the lessons that she has learned since starting her business, plus what she plans to accomplish in the future.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Why Teondra decided to start a mobile boutique.
[bctt tweet=”I have always been a tomboy, so it was kind of different & weird for me to be so in love with fashion —Teondra” via=”no”]
- How Teondra initially started her online store, but it didn’t really work out how she planned.
[bctt tweet=”Having an online store was not as personal as I would like it to be…I like to meet new people and fashion is a great way to tie it in —Teondra”]
- How the flexibility of operating a mobile boutique allows Teondra to attend to her son’s medical issues when needed.
- How her online business started in 2012, but the mobile boutique wasn’t opened until 2014.
- Even though Teondra hasn’t completed designing the exterior of the trailer, the mobile boutique is still open for business.
- How much of an investment went into starting the Sensual Persuasion mobile boutique.
- What types of products are sold in the Sensual Persuasion mobile boutique.
- The lessons Teondra has learned on her journey as a new mobile boutique owner.
[bctt tweet=”You have to find customers outside of your comfort zone and market to your ideal client —Teondra”]
- Who Teondra’s ideal client is.
- How Teondra is currently going to school for her Master’s in Public Health and has two other part time jobs in addition to operating the mobile boutique.
- What Teondra considers to be most successful for her mobile boutique.
[bctt tweet=”The most lucrative setup…is going to different businesses in my community —Teondra”]
- What Teondra’s business goals are for the future.
- Why Teondra considers her mobile boutique to be a “retail therapy movement”.
[bctt tweet=”I want to be able to help women whose self esteem is not where it should be —Teondra”]
- Which POS system Teondra uses for the mobile boutique.
- How Teondra collaborates with local businesses in order to set up parking schedules.
- How Teondra offers Personal Styling as an additional service in her mobile boutique business.
FIND SENSUAL PERSUASION
Website: Sensual Persuasion Mobile Boutique
ENJOY MORE EPISODES