Juliana Yasmine is the owner of Moon Flower Child mobile boutique. The style of her brand is Bohemian Chic and she hand makes most of her products and also does consignment.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Juby was born in the UK, but grew up in the States.
- She launched her boutique in Durham, NC in 2017
- She plans on traveling the US with the bus and then end up on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- She went to SCAD at Savannah, GA to get her degree.
- She finish her degree at Posens in Paris in 2013.
- After she graduated she started sewing and making a capsule collection of clothing.
- In North Carolina, she continued her business and was going to market selling her clothing.
- She was always keen on merchandising and the display of her product. It was taking too long to setup at markets which was why she wanted to move towards the bus idea.
- Her style is more Bohemian Chic.
- In the beginning, she was making all of the products, but now she has added consignment from local vendors.
- She actually has a 2nd bus that was purchased in 2016 that she plans to use as her house.
- As an additional service, she also designs custom tattoo images.
- She has been in business long enough to where she has been able to recognize which events will be profitable for her and/or is her target market.
- When creating her logo, she created the designs herself.
- She has always been into photography and put a lot of thought into her products photos for her website.
- Since most of her products are handmade she stresses that no two products are the same.
- She also started documenting videos about her mobile boutique journey.
- Advice: Be prepared to take your vehicle to a mechanic and have them teach you about what you need to know in order to maintain it. Learn about the engine. Have a savings account as a backup in case you need to have repairs done in an emergency.
- Try Shopify for FREE
- Go RATE the Can I Park Here? Podcast on iTunes
- ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
- FFT Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Page