Mikala Dent is the owner of Ooh La Lucy mobile boutique in Charleston, West Virginia. She sells women’s clothing, accessories and gift-a-bles. She describes her style as feminine, chic and fun…a playfulness to the classics.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Mikala started her mobile business at 20 years old.
- She decided that she wasn’t going to wait on a job to come to her..She chose to create that job.
- She went to The University of Kentucky where she studied Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles.
- She launched her mobile boutique June 2017.
- She found the truck at a local car lot.
- While her truck was being worked on in the shop, she was working on other parts of the business.
- Her dad helped her with the buildout of the truck.
- She also has a brick & mortar store that opened up about 5 months after opening the truck.
- She signed her lease for the brick & mortar and opened in just 18 days.
- Has been able to hire 3 employees for the store.
- She believes perseverance is key in this business.
Girl Boss Series [Netflix]
Try Shopify for FREE
Go RATE the Can I Park Here? Podcast on iTunes
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FFT Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Page
FIND OOH LA LUCY:
Website: Ooh La Lucy
Facebook: Ooh La Lucy
ENJOY MORE EPISODES