Jayne Brighton is the owner of The Fashion Bus in Pennsylvania. Jayne is a creative entrepreneur who went from selling used clothing on ebay to owning a store and finally transitioned into a mobile boutique.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Jane started off selling used clothing on eBay in 1999.
- When here kids got older, she transitioned to a brick & mortar boutique and it lasted for about 2 years.
- She realized that her target market was women her own age, BUT the problem was that her store was located in the middle of the University campus where younger girls are.
- She did really well packing up her store and going to events…which is how her mobile boutique started.
- She used Pinterest for ideas on how to build her mobile boutique.
- She loved what she was doing but she knew that it could be done differently.
- She closed her store and saved money to pay cash for her bus.
- Her husband did the build-out on the bus, which saved her money.
- She found the bus locally on Craig’s List.
- She launched the bus in June 2016.
- She was relentless with sending Press Releases to News Reporters.
- The 1st time she took her bus out and parked the news did a story on her and put her on the cover of the Sunday Money section.
- Most of her business comes from private events and parties.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Try Shopify for FREE
- Go RATE the Can I Park Here? Podcast on iTunes
- ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
- FFT Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Page