Samantha Lynch is the owner/operator of Gypset located in Winter Park, Florida. She started her handmade jewelry business almost 3 years ago and has recently launched her mobile boutique in January 2017.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Samantha makes handmade jewelry and sells in the mobile boutique, at events and on Etsy.
- She used to work in the corporate world as a Social Media Director.
- She taught herself how to make jewelry.
- After her son was born she decided to go into jewelry making full-time.
- Once she started to learn the flow of the business and the accounting…within 6-9 months she started to make a profit.
- Before deciding to open the mobile boutique, she had moved her studio workspace from home over to her husband’s company’s warehouse.
- When she was forced to look for a new office space, she then considered the idea of moving the studio into a trailer that would park in the back of her husbands warehouse.
- She found the trailer / camper on Craigslist and paid only $2,000.
- Her husband renovated the entire trailer.
- She found an artist to do freehand lettering on the exterior of the camper AND hand-painted an accent wall inside of the trailer.
- She also has been able to hire an assistant for the business.
- Monday – Friday, she parks the trailer at her husband’s warehouse.
- On the weekends she does pop-up shops & other events.
- She is not yet 100% comfortable pulling the trailer, hooking it up and backing the trailer up.
- She will be a vendor at Renegade Craft Fair in Miami on April 29th & 30th.
- In regards to growing your following on social media, she recommends
- being responsive to comments and messages
- finding the hashtags that work for your brand
- being supportive to other businesses by commenting on their photos
- reaching out to influencers / bloggers that are similar to your brand and who are in your target market.
- She recommends paying your Sales Tax every month.
Flax and Wool Designs (created the hand painted wall)
Girl Boss (podcast)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
ENJOY MORE EPISODES