Jennifer McPaul is the owner of High Pockets Mobile Boutique in Cleveland, OH. In her pursuit to start her mobile boutique business, she has also chosen to maintain her full-time career as an Attorney.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Jennifer is an attorney and she did not have a fashion background.
- She has an undergraduate degree in Marketing.
- In the Fall of 2013 she decided to open the mobile.
- In the Spring of 2014 she actually purchased the truck and got started on the business.
- She found her step van on CraigsList.
- She purchased the very first truck that she went to look at.
- The repairs for the truck were around $5k.
- Her total investment with starting the business was around $20k.
- The truck was previously painted with household paint, so it had to be sandblasted off prior to getting the wrap installed. It costed $3k to get the truck sandblasted.
- With her inventory, her best sellers are tops and dresses. She has noticed that pants & shorts don’t sell that well in her truck.
- Because she also has a full-time job in addition to the mobile boutique she struggles with time because she doesn’t always want to be “working”.
- She recommends:
- Making sure to look at multiple trucks.
- Take a mechanic with you when looking at trucks.
- “Just Do It”. You have to learn as you go.
- Develop your own style and don’t compare yourself to other mobile businesses.
- Wear your brand and advertise the products on your truck.
- Even after 3 years, she has chosen to keep investing her profits into the business instead of paying herself a salary.
The Catcher In The Rye (book)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND HIGH POCKETS:
Website: High Pockets
ENJOY MORE EPISODES