Carrie Gehrke is the owner of Libby Simone Mobile Boutique in St. Helena, California. With a background in Fashion Merchandising, Carrie decided to follow her dreams and wrote up a business plan to start her fashion truck. She sells women’s clothing & accessories and plans to cater to all women offering sizes from x-small up to 3XL.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Carrie has a degree in Fashion Merchandising from The Academy of Art University in San Fransisco.
- Dec 2015 is when she actually decided to start a mobile boutique.
- The mobile boutique was an idea for her that was financially feasible.
- It took her about 5 months from conception of the idea to the finish of the truck.
- Her business launch was in May 2016.
- She found her truck on CraigsList for $9,000.
- Her total investment for starting the business was around $30k.
- She took a risk and purchased the 1st truck that she looked at.
- Carrie’s husband did most of the build-out / interior renovation of the truck.
- She lives in a small town and there aren’t many events for her to attend with the truck. When she gets out to an event with lots of traffic, she does pretty well financially.
- She offers home parties as one of her services, but they have not turned out as well as she had hoped.
- She provides clothing options from X-Small to 3-XL.
- She found that there is a good market for plus size clothing. She is working to expand her plus size line.
- Her goal is to make her customers feel good, in addition to helping them realize what they might be missing.
- She offers free style consulting seminars.
- Her plans for the future is to add more events and collaborations with other businesses in the area.
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND LIBBY SIMONE:
Web: Libby Simone
ENJOY MORE EPISODES