Daniela is the owner of Truck-à-Porter, one of Frankfort, Germany’s 1st fashion trucks. When she found out about fashion trucks, it only took her about 1 month to decide to quit her full-time job in order to pursue her mobile retail dream.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Daniela has always had the drive / desire to work for herself.
- She has always loved fashion and used to have a fashion blog years ago.
- She initially wanted to rent a storefront, but realized the overhead would be too high.
- She launched her mobile boutique in August 2016.
- She found her truck on online.
- After looking at several vehicles she decided to purchase a 2002 Mercedes (diesel) Ambulance.
- The cargo area of the ambulance is 12 ft long and 7ft wide.
- Her goal was to utilize all of the space as she could without making it too cramped.
- She purchased a flexible shelving system from Ikea that will allow her to change her layout as she chooses.
- She has a very distinct and clean brand.
- She wanted her brand to reflect a little bit of herself so she can be authentic.
- She took her ideas to a Branding Agency to get a logo designed.
- She created a Pinterest inspiration board for ideas on how to build out the inside of the truck.
- Her advise is to use the whatever available space that you have on your truck to draw people closer.
- In Germany, you need a permit to park in any space that is not private.
Small Business Big Marketing (podcast)
The Alchemist (book)
Nova Lana Love (fashion blog by Farina Opoku)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
ENJOY MORE EPISODES