Maggie Talbert is the owner of Garish Gal located in Indiana. She is a huge believer in vision boards, which have helped her plan for and launch her mobile boutique. Garish Gal has currently been on the streets for over 2 years.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- She used to live in New York and worked as a Junior Account Executive at the clothing brand Kinzie.
- Garish Gal originally started out as an online boutique.
- After a few months of launching the online boutique, sales were picking up as she thought they would. She realized that most customers prefer a more hands-on experience and this is when she started to contemplate getting a fashion truck.
- She wasn’t too comfortable with the idea of driving a large truck, so she decided to go with an enclosed cargo trailer instead.
- She created a vision board and presented it to her grandfather, who helped her build out the trailer.
- Her grandfather built the cabinetry and the checkout stand.
- She hired an intern to help out with the mobile boutique business.
- When she gets new products, she posts pics on Instagram. By doing this she gets inquires from people who want to buy the product.
- The name “Garish Gal” was inspired by her great aunt.
- For Maggie, her mobile boutique makes more money than the online store.
- She buys clothing wholesale and from local designers.
- She also has a full-time job AND goes to school while working Garish Gal on nights & weekends.
- She is a big proponent of failure because she feels that she learns the most when she fails.
- One of her lessons learned is that she 1st started trying to sell to college students but soon realized that wasn’t her target market.
- She also offers personal style consulting services.
- She hires a model for her clothing products on the website.
Kinsie (clothing brand)
Girl Boss (book + podcast)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND GARISH GAL:
Web: Garish Gal
ENJOY MORE EPISODES