In this episode, we spoke with Christine Lynch, the owner of the Local Color Truck in NYC. Christine has a degree in Fashion Design and has worked in the industry for 10+ years. Recently, she decided to shake things up a bit and change course for her career. After getting inspiration and advice from a seasoned fashion truck owner in New York, Christine decided to venture out into the mobile retail business. The Local Color Truck has only been on the road for a few months now, but her following is steadily growing fast.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- All items in the Local Color Truck are made by locally sourced designers and/or designers who produce locally.
- The Local Color Truck officially launched in June 2015.
- The truck has apparel, candles, art, home decor accessories and so much more.
- One of her biggest challenges as a new mobile boutique owner is keeping track of everything.
- Christine designed the logo and the interior of the truck all by herself.
- For the exterior of the truck she chose to go with a full wrap instead of individual vinyl stickers.
- So far, Instagram is her favorite and strongest social media platform.
- Christine also makes some of the pillows in the truck, plus screen printed t-shirts.
- She decided to splurge on an expensive generator and during the renovation process it was mounted underneath the truck and hooked up to the fuel tank. The model of her generator is a Cummins Onan 3200 Quiet Diesel.
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND THE LOCAL COLOR TRUCK:
Facebook: Local Color Truck
Pinterest: Local Color Truck
ENJOY MORE EPISODES