Today on the Can I Park here podcast we’ll hear some helpful photography tips & tricks for brick and mortar boutiques, as well as, fashion truck owners.
We’re talking with Lakaye Mbah of Lakaye Mbah Photography in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Lakaye is no stranger to us….we have both known her for a while and have witnessed her awesome work!
She is a self-taught photographer who has been in the business for years now. She’s done everything from weddings, graduations, portraits, to creating her own magazine. In this episode you’ll find out how she got started and how she has perfected her craft.
The photography tips that she shares with us are definitely little gems that could be very beneficial to branding your fashion truck business.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- How LaKaye got started in the photography business.
[bctt tweet=”“After finding an old vintage camera…I’ve been chasing that dream ever since!”—@LaKayeMbahPhoto”]
- Past jobs that influenced who she is today.
[bctt tweet=”“It was one of the WORST…BEST jobs I’ve ever had b/c I learned how to do EVERYTHING photography-related!”” via=”no”]
- Her tactics for collaborating with other business owners.
- Her proclamation and determination to open her own photography mobile boutique before the end of 2015.
- She discusses how she would love to take photos of fashion trucks in order to help the business owners market themselves.
[bctt tweet=”Having a good picture makes or breaks whether or not people will come visit your truck”—@LaKayeMbahPhoto” via=”no”]
[bctt tweet=”You are your brand when you’re driving your truck!…People like to put a face with the business.”—@LaKayeMbahPhoto” via=”no”]
- She explains how she uses social media for her business but, doesn’t solely rely on it because she believes…
[bctt tweet=”“The key for business owners is creating a customer e-mailing list. —@LaKayeMbahPhoto””]
- Great photography tips:
- “It’s ALL ABOUT LIGHT!”
- “Take full exterior & interior photos, PLUS detail shots of your trucks”
- “Try different angles…”
- “Staging product shots”
- “Shots should be appropriate to your brand”
[bctt tweet=”“It’s ALL ABOUT LIGHT!”—@LaKayeMbahPhoto”]
- Hurdles LaKaye has had to overcome + how they became defining moments for her.
WHERE TO FIND LAKAYE