In this episode we’re chatting it up with Stacey Jischke, co-owner/operator of Le Fashion Truck in Los Angeles, California. Le Fashion Truck launched back in January 2011, making them a pioneer in the fashion truck industry.
Stacey, along with her business partner Jeanine Romo are also the founders of the American Mobile Retail Association (AMRA).
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Before getting into the fashion truck industry, Stacey used to work in the advertising field.
- Jeanine has a background in Fashion Design + Merchandising.
- Stacey & Jeanine decided to work together minutes after discussing the idea of a mobile boutique.
- They started the planning process in 2010 and 4 months later the mobile boutique was open for business.
- Jeanine sketched out the entire design of the truck.
- They decided on a French theme for the mobile boutique, hence the name “Le Fashion Truck.”
- They hired a family friend to renovate the interior of the truck and they installed the vinyl stickers on the exterior themselves.
- The clothing and jewelry inside of Le Fashion Truck has a vintage inspired look.
- In terms of sourcing, both Stacey & Jeanine try to work with as many local/emerging designers & american made / handmade goods as possible.
- One lesson Stacey has learned is trying to stay on trend and up-to-date with social media and identifying their target demographic.
- Stacey feels that marketing is extremely important.
- Stacey advises aspiring mobile retail owners to be flexible and to always be prepared because everything doesn’t always go as planned.
- The AMRA initially started as a local Los Angeles chapter consisting of 5 mobile boutiques.
- The AMRA 1st started by negotiating better rates for themselves at truck events, then they started creating their own events.
- Stacey recommends establishing a firm budget when you first start your mobile retail business.
- Stacey’s advice to aspiring mobile retail owners is to make sure that it’s what you really want to do.
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND LE FASHION TRUCK
Web: Le Fashion Truck
Facebook: Le Fashion Truck
ENJOY MORE EPISODES