Chris & Harneet Suarez are the owners of Textures Trend Company located in Richmond, VA. This fast-paced retail fashion truck sells apparel & accessories for men, women and soon children too.
On EP:034, Chris left us a voice message stating how he was inspired and motivated by our podcast to follow his dreams of opening a mobile boutique. This hand-painted fashion truck really stands out from the crowd.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Watching a TV show featuring JD Luxe, prompted the idea for starting a fashion truck.
- Chris has a background in marketing and also has retail management experience.
- Harneet currently works in the Insurance field as an Underwriter.
- Chris now works the truck full-time.
- They sell trendy clothing for men & women…something for all seasons that will last forever.
- Chris focuses more on the branding for the company. Harneet focuses on the buying side / fashion.
- They purchased the truck in November 2015.
- Their 1st official event will be at the Carytown Watermelon Festival on Aug 14th.
- They actually purchased their truck from a previous fashion truck owner in Charlotte, NC.
- When starting the truck, the name of the business was Chris’ main focus and it took him a long time to narrow it down.
- They decided to find a local artist to hand paint their truck instead of doing a wrap.
- They are graduates from VCU, so they went back to the school to get Interior Design students to help with the inside of the truck.
- There were old vinyl sticker on the truck, so they used Acetone to remove it.
- On their website, they started off taking professional photos for their products. But recently, Chris has taken most of the photos.
- Every Friday, they partner with another fashion truck at Whole Foods.
- Their advice is to have patience throughout the entire process.
- They had their logo made through 99designs.
Ask Gary Vee (podcast)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND TEXTURES TREND CO:
ENJOY MORE EPISODES