In this episode we interview Nate Demars, owner of Pursuit in Columbus, OH. Nate started Pursuit back in 2011, on a university campus as a pop-up shop. The business eventually grew into a brick & mortar store and then expanded to include a mobile store as well. Nate shares his journey on starting the business and gives advice for future small business owners.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Why Nate started Pursuit?
- How Pursuit originally started as a pop-up shop in 2011 and then expanded to include the “Suitmobile” truck.
- The most difficult and most time consuming part of starting the mobile store was finding the right truck.
- How they took a Cape Cod Potato Chip truck and turned it into a traveling suit store.
- How they hired an architect to design the interior layout of the truck.
- Pursuit sells primarily off-the-rack professional suits.
- What distinguishes Pursuit from larger department stores and suit warehouses is a more curated assortment / selection.
- As far as pricing, Pursuit sells suits that are more accessible to the younger generation.
- Pursuit strives to provide a one-on-one customer service experience.
- The business is about to start incorporating their own “Pursuit” branded products.
- Nate discussed the POS system used for both the store and the truck.
- Pursuit is fortunate enough not to have to deal with public parking restrictions in Columbus.
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
Facebook: Pursuit Yourself
ENJOY MORE EPISODES