Latricia Clark & Christopher Letsinger met about 2 years ago. She has a background in Fashion and he has a background in Business. Latricia’s long-time dream of owing her own brick & mortar bridal boutique + Christopher’s readily available RV gave them the awesome idea of starting the mobile boutique, Elegant Occasions Unlimited in North Carolina.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Latricia started off running a Travel Agency. Eventually, Christopher ended up partnering up with her in the agency.
- For almost 20 yrs, Latricia has wanted to open a bridal boutique.
- The brick & mortar retail locations in her area were pretty expense so she decided not to go that route.
- Once they got the inspiration for the mobile boutique, Christopher suggested that they write a Business Plan and pitch it to a few people to get feedback.
- Christopher already owned an RV, so they did not have to spend any money on a vehicle.
- Latricia’s vision was to paint the RV in white, just like a Bridal boutique.
- Latricia has a new-found cousin, Kimberly Robinson who is the owner of The Sole Addicition in North Carolina. Kim introduced Latricia & Chris to the Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck’s Facebook Group and the information there helped them to start their mobile business.
- They officially decided to start the mobile biz the end of December 2015 and finished with the renovations right before their 1st event on April 8, 2016.
- They both did all of the renovations themselves.
- They decided to leave the bathroom and kitchen, so that it will still have all of the elements of a full store.
- They have not yet wrapped the RV because it is very expense for a vehicle of that size.
- The RV already has a built-in generator, so no extra power. It has water, a bathroom, stove, refrigerator. They can sustain themselves on the road for about two weeks.
- In regards to parking for events, their area has been very accommodating to RV’s size.
- Latricia will focus on the Bridal wear and Christopher will do the men’s formal wear & accessories.
- Chris eventually wants to have his own men’s formal wear line.
- Part of their service is that they do house-calls. They will come to you and so measurements, bring samples. They order everything and deliver it back to the customer once the order is complete.
- All clients are given a 2-hour consultation session.
- They use Clover as their POS system.
- The Clover system accepts the new credit card chips, Apple Pay and Samsumg Pay.
- Keeps a record of all sales and inventory
- Chris recommends to upgrade your POS system to one that can take credit card chip payments. This will cover you with the banks in the event of fraud. Otherwise, w/o the chip readers, you’ll be personally responsible for the charges.
- The have decided to incorporate the Travel business into the mobile boutique and cater to Destination Weddings and Honeymoons.
The Sole Addiction (Mobile Boutique)
Clover (POS system)
Creative Route (Unique laser cut wood home decor accessories)
Astral Riles (Home Decor – modern fiber art wall hangings & tapestries)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND ELEGANT OCCASION:
Facebook: Elegant Occasions Unlimited
ENJOY MORE EPISODES