Marisa Folz is the owner of The Wander Shop in Wilton Manors, Florida. Marisa has always had a passion for fashion. She meticulously worked on her brand and planned out her strategy to start her online + mobile business. Having a background in Event Planning allowed her to plan a successful launch party and get the word out about her business.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- She has a degree in Event Planning.
- She grew up in the retail industry. Her mom owned 3 stores.
- She began working at her parent’s store which gave her the flexibility to begin working on her brand + start the online store.
- She chose the name “Wander Shop” because she loves to travel.
- She realized that trying to set up shop at an event with a tent/booth was very difficult, so that prompted the idea of opening up a mobile boutique.
- The online store launched in September 2015.
- She purchased the Airstream in February 2016.
- It took her almost 2 months to complete the build out.
- She checked Craig’s List everyday for about 4 months before she found the Airstream.
- She finally found the Airstream she wanted and wired the owner $5,000 without even seeing the trailer first.
- She had an awesome launch party for the mobile boutique and she had sponsors contribute to the event.
- She had a raffle for the launch party + she had the surrounding restaurants donate gift certificates for the prizes.
- She made sure to have professional photos taken of the launch party.
- She secured a “home-base” location where she could be open everyday.
- One of her favorite parts of the job is inspiring people.
- She sells both women’s and men’s fashion.
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND THE WANDER SHOP:
Website: The Wander Shop
ENJOY MORE EPISODES