Lisa Whealon is the owner of Take A Peek Mobile Boutique in St. Louis. Lisa’s passion is to make women of all shapes and sizes feel beautiful, which is why she choose to sell LuLaRoe—a clothing brand that she believes in.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Lisa has decided to maintain a full-time job in addition to working the mobile boutique.
- She has a Broadcast Journalism background.
- Initially, when starting the mobile boutique, she wasn’t trying to replace her 9-5 job, she just wanted a creative outlet.
- Her husband finding a truck for her is what pushed her to take the next step in starting the mobile boutique.
- The truck they found was actually a previous fashion truck.
- She repurposed the previous owners truck wrap.
- It took about 8 months for her to get the truck up and running.
- She sell LuLaRoe clothing on the truck.
- She had a launch party on December 8th, 2016.
- At the launch party she did a raffle for “free leggings for a year”.
- She has a VIP Facebook group and she does a Live Sale every Friday.
- She also does “Album” sales on Facebook.
- During the winter time, she recommends:
- Having a backup plan.
- Being comfortable making mistakes AND being able to learn from them.
- Research where you are going to park. If it doesn’t look like a good fit, be comfortable saying “no”.
- Try Shopify for FREE
- StartUp Podcast
- Good To Great by Jim Collins (book)
- Canva (app)
- Go RATE the Can I Park Here? Podcast on iTunes
- ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
- FFT Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Page
FIND TAKE A PEEK MOBILE BOUTIQUE:
ENJOY MORE EPISODES