Genesis is the owner of Pretty Little Greek mobile boutique in Bloomington, Indiana. She loved the fashion business so much she decided to expand and has recently opened a storefront location as well. In addition to running the mobile biz and the storefront, she is also working on getting her 2nd Masters degree.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Genesis has a background in Retail Management and Visual Merchandising.
- She recently opened a store front location in addition to the mobile boutique.
- She sells women’s clothing and some accessories.
- She has been operating the mobile boutique for almost 2 years.
- She quit her full time job in order to pursue the mobile business.
- Before she quit she made sure that she had a decent amount of money saved up enough in order to pay her rent & bills for three months + purchase the bus.
- She paid $5500 for her bus.
- She uses Shopify for her website.
- In order to make ends meet and purchase more merchandise, she approached an investor for the mobile business.
- She finds local businesses and pays them for opportunities to park in their parking lots.
- She tries to make the items in her bus more affordable. Everything she sells in the bus is under $50. The online items are a bit more expensive.
- She has interns to help her out in store and on the bus.
- She runs promotions during big events.
Girl Boss (podcast)
The 48 Laws of Power (book)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
FIND PRETTY LITTLE GREEK:
Web: Pretty Little Greek
ENJOY MORE EPISODES