Deidre Hougue, owner/operator of The Traveling Pants Co in Detroit, Michigan has always had a love for fashion. This love initially began with her sharing fashion tips and tricks via her blog…then it led her to personal styling and finally, to her ultimate goal of being the owner of a mobile boutique.
Deidre currently works as a Corporate Financial Analyst and she has decided to maintain that full-time position in conjunction with operating the mobile boutique part-time. Her ability to plan every minute of her days by meticulously managing her calendar allows her to juggle 2 jobs and a family.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Prior to starting the fashion truck business, Deidre had a fashion blog that covered fashion trends, tips and tricks.
- The blog eventually led to her being a personal shopper and conducting closet audits, but shortly after she realized that these jobs weren’t a good use of her time.
- In March 2015, she was inspired by reading an article about Sloane Street Style’s fashion truck owner in the Detroit area.
- Once she got on her path towards entrepreneurship, she took a small business class, got a mentor and wrote a business plan.
- Deidre is a meticulous planner, which allows her to successfully manage her life with a full-time corporate job, a part-time mobile retail business and being a mother.
- She paid $4000 for the wrap on the truck.
- She supports local indie artists and carries product from at least 6 designers that don’t currently have a store yet.
- Her website is powered by Shopify.
Wraps & Signs (in Portage, Michigan)
Style Max (vendor show)
Fashiongo.net (fashion wholesale)
Word Swag (app)
Fashion Bomb Daily (Deidre’s favorite blog)
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
WEBSITES FOR CUSTOM HANGTAGS
FIND THE TRAVELING PANTS CO:
Website: The Traveling Pants Co
Facebook: The Traveling Pants Co
ENJOY MORE EPISODES