This is the 30th episode of the Can I Park Here? podcast and it’s just US giving you the rundown about a few new social media updates that could be beneficial to your business. Plus, we’ll also provide a comparison of the most popular CMS platforms for building a website.
You can head on over to YouTube to view the actual footage of us recording this episode.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- In the latest Periscope upgrade you can now record videos in landscape format.
- Landscape is actually the best option for recording videos.
- In the latest Instagram update, it has a feature that allows you to post the actual size of your photos. Make sure your photos are cropped properly and then click the sizing icon within IG and it will display your photo’s actual size (long or square) in the feed.
- Instagram now has a feature where you can link to their “Layout” app.
- No matter what your business is, you definitely need a website (even if it’s just a one-page website).
- WordPress.org is a “self-hosted” website platform.
- WordPress.com is a FREE website platform that is hosted by WordPress.
- “Self-hosting” means that you are paying a hosting site to host your website. It is a server where your website lives.
- Regardless of which website platform you choose, just make sure to have good content, awesome photography and pick the right theme.
- WordPress.com, Wix and Weebly are popular FREE sites, but make sure to remove the host’s branding. You do not want “WordPress”, “Wix” or “Weebly” posted on the bottom of your website.
- Shopify and Squarespace are also really good static and ecommerce website options.
- E-commerce theme are usually more expensive than regular or premium themes.
- Shopify has the capability to integrate with both Pinterest and Facebook.
Social Media Apps + Editors
Layout (app by Instagram)
Hyperlapse (app by Instagram)
Popular CMS Platforms
WordPress.org (self hosted site)
- Bluehost (popular host)
- GoDaddy (popular host)
- WooCommerce (ecommerce plugin)
- Themeforest (Purchase premium themes)
- CreativeRoute.com (an example of a Shopify website)
Storefront You Can Link To From Your Website
- AstralRiles.com (an example of a website linking to Etsy)
In Person Payment Options
ASK FFT (Leave us a voice-recorded question and we will answer it on the next episode)
Facebook: Find A Fashion Truck
YouTube: Find a Fashion Truck
ENJOY MORE EPISODES